It is very important that you always do you research prior to hiring a Phoenix SEO company. There are many techniques that SEO companies will use to show you instant ranking however in the long term will either hurt your website rankings or get your URL banned all together. There are many tactics that non ethical SEO companies use to rank small online business owners quickly and then disappear by the time you realize what had happened they will be long gone with your money. You should be aware of these tactics so that you can stop them before they begin. Let’s take a look at some of the search engine optimization tactics that you should avoid while running an SEO campaign.
- Cloaking – You may think it is a good idea to have Google reading one thing that is stuffed with keywords so that you can rank your website while your website visitors read something totally different is a great idea however, Google is on to your tricks. Not only will Google penalize you for this practice they will likely ban your website from ever being able to rank again. Trying to pull a quick one on Google hardly ever pays off. For a couple weeks or months of undeserved rankings your website will be forever banned.
- Stealing or Duplicating Content – With the recent updates to Google they are constantly becoming better and better at searching websites out that attempt to scrape or steal content from other websites and use it as their own or websites that purposely duplicate their content in order to improve their Rankings. Content is king when it comes to SEO and many small business either don’t want to take the time or don’t have the time to write their own content in either case make sure to avoid this tactic as it is sure to get you punished by the search engines.
- Spinners and Content Creators – Avoid these at all cost as this is on Google’s list. There are many of these tools out there that you can purchase but the content that it produces is not written for people to read. This is another way they duplicate content and try to pass it as unique by simply using synonyms throughout the document. They don’t care that it doesn’t make any sense to the reader. Stick to writing your own content or hiring somebody to write unique content that is good for both Google and your website visitors.
- Automated Submissions – You will begin to think that Google is trying to make you do things the hard way but Google does not like to see automated article submissions linking back to your website. This will definitely affect your website and not in a positive manner.
- Hidden Text – This is to show more content and more keywords on your website. This is done because a website doesn’t want their customer to see the articles written for the search engines but rather separate content that is written for their website visitors. This is generally done by layering the content. The bottom layer of content is made to match the background color of the website so it isn’t visible to website visitors.
You may think it is a good idea to try to trick Google however I strongly urge you to reconsider. Google will catch you and when they do the punishment many times is way worse that the rewards. You maybe able to pull this off for a week or maybe a month however Google will catch on to you and when they do they will punish your URL making it very difficult for you ever to achieve rankings again.