Our Phoenix SEO team has discovered a great way to engage your audience on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus by running either a contest or a giveaway. Everybody loves it when they can win free stuff and if ran properly is a great way get people to engage your audience. Now that social media is considered more than ever when it comes to search engine optimization getting people to Like, Share, Follow, Tweet, Plus One, etc on your page is very important. There are many different types of contests and giveaways you can run on your social media pages so it is very important that you understand your target audience and select the one that would work best for you. We are going to show you a few examples of contest and giveaways you can run on your social media pages.
- Sweepstakes – Sweepstakes can be used to gain important information such as email addresses not only from your fans but also friends of fans. Create a sweepstake that your fan has to sign up for to enter and offer them another entry into the drawing by simply referring friends. This is a great way to build up email lists and to gain more followers on your social media pages. Then after you gain the information you can begin developing a marketing strategy to target the people who are not currently customers or fans of your business by running other types of marketing campaigns.
- Instant Win Contests – These are very exciting for people because they work similar to slot machines. If you don’t think people like slot machines all you have to do is walk into a casino and see people sitting in front of a machine losing money for hours. With your contest people won’t be gambling any of their money away and it will be almost as exciting. You can set it up so people will get another chance to win with every referral that likes your page or any other creative ideas you have.
- Photo Contests – Photo contests are both fun and draw tons of comments, likes and shares. By people engaging posts it will appear to their friends and with photo contests many times their friends like your page and begin following the photo contest.You can either judge or let your fans determine who the winner is. In any case this is a win win situation and is definitely something your online business should look into doing.
- Let Your Fans Vote – People really do love to be involved in Facebook pages you just have to give them a reason to become engaged with your page. Creating questions and letting your fans vote is a great way to accomplish this. Ask question about your industry and about your business. This does two things, one it helps you get to know your target audience better and two it engages your audience and keeps them coming back to your page.
- Quiz Your Audience – This one is another fun one for your audience but the key here is not to just randomly ask quiz questions that have nothing to do with your page it will defeat the purpose and confuse your target audience. Make sure to make the questions fun but they have to some what be related to your industry.
These are 5 types of contests that will help you engage your audience. One thing as a Phoenix SEO company that we realize is that many small business owners struggle to engage their audience on social media platforms. You need to be creative and place your own twist on each of these but this is a great first step to making your social media pages worth following.