Attempting to stay up to date on search engine optimizations best practices is like attempting to always have the newest Phone. It is very difficult because as soon as you think you have mastered SEO and your business is ranking the search engines roll out a new update. Because it is so difficult to stay current on your SEO our Phoenix SEO company has decided to try to give you a jump on your internet marketing for 2014. These tips will give you an advantage over your competition as you will begin to be proactive and not reactive. Now this isn’t going to be 100% accurate however this is the way it is trending and this is what we can see happening in 2014.
- Social Media Marketing Will Become Mandatory – Currently small online businesses have the option of whether they want to manage social media accounts. Yes, it does help them but they still have the option to have social media accounts or not. Even if they don’t have a social media account they will still be able to rank their site. That doesn’t look like that is going to be the case in 2014 as search engines are beginning to place more emphasis on Social Media.
- Google + Will Play a Major Factor in Rankings – You could see this coming ever since the roll out of Google +. Google is the number 1 search engines so it would only make sense for them to tie in their social media website with their search engine. Google is dominating the search engine business but Google + has struggled to gain ground on sites such as Facebook and Twitter so now they are tying their social media site with their search engine rankings.
- Image Centric Networks Will Experience Huge Success – Yes, content is always going to be important to an internet marketing campaign however, image and video sharing is on the rise.
- Foursquare – Foursquare has began to struggle as they move towards next year. Many of the major social media platforms have began to offer location based options so common sense will tell you that unless they can re organize it is just a matter of time before they really hit difficult times.
- Comeback of Myspace – Yes, Tom is making a comeback with a redesign that lets users customize their own radio station Myspace will again become a relevant player. I am not saying it will ever compete with Facebook again but it will make a comeback and that comeback will begin in 2014.
These are 5 social media marketing trends that will dominate in 2014. Like I had mentioned above there is no way to know this for sure but the trends seem to be pointing at these 5 trends being major players for any successful social media marketing campaigns in 2014.