Search engines such as Google are starting to place more emphasis on Social Media activities than ever before because they much more difficult to manipulate. If you have an infographic and you share it on Facebook and it gets 20,000 shares and 10,000 comments it holds alot more weight than if you took the same infographic and spent a couple minutes and used it for social bookmarking. The search engines are constantly updating their algorithms to make search results more relevant to the user. It is becoming more and more clear that search engines are going to be where it is at if you want to rank your business on the search engines. I have spoke in previous blogs about the importance of having social media pages for your businesses and now it is a necessity if you want hope to have your website rank anywhere near the top of the search engines. If this is a frightening change to you, don?t worry our Phoenix SEO company has come up with numerous ways you can take advantage of Social SEO and I am going to show you how you can do this.
- Using Your Brand In Your Posts ? This is a great way to help Google relate your brand with a keyword post. Not only will this strategy pay off with the search engines but it will also begin building brand recognition to your followers. Everytime someone sees the particular post they will see your band. Now don?t over do this and post your brand in every post because it will kill any type of social media marketing campaign you are running. Don?t make the mistake of basing your social media strategy around the search engines.
- Link Your Social Accounts From Your Home Page ? This one seems like a no brainer but if you haven?t done this already I would suggest doing as soon as possible. This will allow Google to find your Social Media accounts when they are crawling your website. You don?t want to be putting in a ton of effort into your Social Media page just to find out Google isn?t relating them with your website.
- Don?t Sign Up For A Social Media Website Just Because ? If your business doesn?t fit the culture of a certain social media website don?t worry about creating an account on that particular website. There are tons of social media websites out there and there will definitely be a few that fits your business so be selective and don?t try to force something that won?t be in the best interest of your company.
- Authorship ? Google is now allowing you to claim every article that you write and put your picture by each. It is setup so that the more stuff you publish online the better rankings you are going to get. If Google created it and you are trying to rank for Google then it is probably a pretty good idea that learn about it and begin implementing it as soon as possible.
- Audience Does Matter ? It does matter how big your following is on all your companies websites. The larger the following the more likes, shares, comments, retweets, plus ones, etc. that you are going to get. It isn?t going to help you much to go purchase likes and followers because they don?t participate on your account. They just show up as a number on the social media page. You need real people who are engaged with your social media pages for it to be beneficial to you in the search engines.